The MOTIV 100% Challenge is simple. We challenge pupils to get to school on time, every day. They receive exclusively designed badges at each half-term if they do so, and if they complete a full term every pupil receives a Crayola reward (please see below for examples).
We operate The Challenge on two levels: 100% attendance and 100% effort for attendance. This dual approach celebrates the achievements of everyone, from hard-working, responsible pupils to those who make a significant effort to improve their attendance record. Pupils appreciate this system; for them, it feels fair – and that motivates them.
Coronation Street’s Fiz (aka Jennie McAlpine) gives out Crayola badges and rewards to pupils from Lily Lane Primary School in Manchester as a part of The 100% Challenge
Example packshots of rewards available to pupils who complete The 100% Challenge with Crayola (please note that rewards will vary from school to school)
Full badges & rewards package for one term includes:
- Badges for both half terms for your 100% Attendee’s and extra 100% Effort Pupils (Effort Category – see The 100% Challenge guidelines for more info)
- Rewards for your 100% Attendee’s and extra 100% Effort pupils at Full Term – You will receive a mix of Crayola rewards, for example Coloured Pencils, Gel Pens, Glitter Gel Pens, Felt Tips, Mini Markers and Twistable Pencils, subject to availability. (2 badges over full term = reward)
- Posters for each half term to display around your school
- Leaflets for all pupils to take home to explain to families how The Challenge works
- School resources – including assembly launch resource so your pupils understand what is expected and how they achieve their rewards and badges
- One star prize from Crayola – a Twistables Case. These Crayola box sets are also used for the in school ‘Paint Your Brighter Future Competition with Crayola’
- Downloadable 100% Certificates
- Support Desk for any queries from school staff and parents (9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday)
- 100% Challenge Timeline/Action Plan and Challenge Guidelines to allow all staff to understand how to follow The 100% Challenge
- All 100% Challenge material delivered via courier directly to your school at commencement of The Challenge
- Join the MOTIV network of professionals sharing in best attendance practice
We have additional resources available including “Attendance Works” assemblies in which you can involve local businesses.
To read testimonials from school staff, pupils, parents and local authorities about the success of The 100% Challenge please click here
Some of the schools that we are currently working with have paid for The 100% Challenge using their Pupil Premium allocation – click here for more information.
Please contact MOTIV on (0161) 282 8380 or email@example.com for further details about running The 100% Challenge in your school.